Monday, April 25, 2011

Brainwashed!


Here is the Brainwashed article.

Godin discusses how we are becoming these mindless drones that simply follow directions day after day without any deviation.  People need to wake up and do what they want, what they feel step out of their comfort zones. 

Make Art

Godin’s “Make Art” layer explains how people just need to create.  This creation takes place between either two people or a group of people.  The thing created is a type of connection or simple something new.  We need to take the risk to create art.  With this we can grow and something new is formed.

I feel that this is something that I certainly need to follow.  When I am in a room of unfamiliar people or surroundings I tend to step back and remain by myself rather than interacting with other people.  If I were to follow Godin’s “Make Art” layer in my daily life and in my blogs, I can create something new and feel good about myself because I took a risk.  These blog have me going out of my comfort zone and interacting with other people to create something.  It could make me a better filmmaker and person.  “Making art” helps me become a better filmmaker in that making good movies is about living and having life experiences, so as a result interacting can help me meet new people and learn about their lives, ideas and thoughts.  This can spark the creativity inside me and could possibly result in an idea for a new film.  It can help me as a person in that I can learn about people who are different from me and may cause me to look at the world a different way.

Learn

Godin’s “Learn” layer explains how people cannot have the mind set that school and learning ends once you are handed a diploma.  Learning is a life long process and the old saying, “you learn something new everyday,” is true in Godin’s point of view.  Learning never ends.

This layer can help me in all aspects of life.  It can help in making me a better filmmaker, person and most importantly student.  I agree with Godin in that we are always a student, just because school is over doesn’t mean we stop learning new things.  This applies to my blog in that if I am constantly continuing to learn, the new information can help contribute the ideas and topics I write in my blog entries.  Learning can help me grow as a person.  It keeps me, as well as my idea, constantly evolving and expanding.  These ideas can spread into my work as a filmmaker, too.  Like the interactions of “making art,” learning can help spark ideas and topics to discuss in my films.

No comments:

Post a Comment